Saturday, 27 February 2016

20 Years of Pokémon!!


Yes, it's hard to believe, but Pokémon is celebrating its 20th anniversary today! As you might know, we're huge Pokémon fans here at Life in the Kawaii Lane - we love the games, the card game, the toys, the anime and the collectables - so we've made sure to play some games today to mark this special anniversary! Each month for the rest of 2016, you'll be able to get your hands on a special mtyhical Pokémon - most are available through Nintendo Network, but a few are only available through participating retailers - make sure to check them out, there's lots of kawaii Pokémon coming like Shaymin, Keldeo and Meloetta!

To join in the online celebrations, we thought we'd each count down our Top 5 Pokémon! (it was so hard to just pick 5 each!!) Here's Mr's Top 5:

5 - Terrakion


Legendary Pokémon have been a cool feature of the games since the start, and I had to include my favourite in my 5, so I went for Terrakion - I've even got him in my current fighting/normal TCG deck!

4 - Mawile


The creepy-cute Mawile makes the list - I especially like that in the most recent generation this Pokémon picked up a secondary type, Fairy.  Who says Fairy-types have to be pink and fluffy?!

3 - Meowth

Meowth has been one of my favourites since the start - the Team Rocket icon just had to be in my Top 5!

2 - Axew


In every generation game I make sure to get a Dragon-type as soon as I can.  I had a tough time choosing between Axew and Gible for this spot on the list, but Axew won out because I have a super cute Axew charm from the old Pokémon Center Tokyo. ^^

1 - Charmander


My first starter, Charmander took me on an adventure all the way back in Pokémon Blue and will always be my Number 1 Pokémon! <3

Here's Pinkuiropixie's Top 5:

5 - Pangoro


The toughest, coolest panda Pokémon, Pangoro features in all my current in-game teams!

4 - Snorlax


Snorlax, the big-eating, heavy-sleeping Pokémon is super Kawaii! He looks so cuddleable!!

3 - Blissey


I've always liked the Happiny-Chansey-Blissey evolution line and I've got lots of different versions for use in the Pokémon TCG (lots of shinys ^^)

2 - Pikachu


I couldn't have a Top 5 without the ultimate Poké-icon, Pikachu!! There's a reason this kawaii electric-mouse is the most popular Pokémon of all time!

1 - Turtwig


Turtwig joined me on my first journey into Pokémon gaming back in Pokémon Pearl.  I couldn't resist how kawaii it was!! I named my first Turtwig Fig <3


What are your favourite Pokémon? ^^

It might be 20 years old, but Pokémon shows no signs of letting up! From the re-released Pokémon Blue, Red and Yellow on the Nintendo eShop right up to the freshly announced Pokémon Sun and Moon, this super-franchise is here to stay!!


Catch you later Kawaiisters!! ^^
Pinkuiropixie and Mr

1 comment:

Dannie - Famous in Japan said...

Did you watch the Nintendo direct stream? I got so emotional when it showed Pokemon over the years, and how the graphics and style of playing has involved. I'll be picking up Sun/Moon for definite but I hope it isn't like Pokemon X/Y or Black/White as I thought they were really disappointing! I am dying for them to do a full remake of Red/Blue/Yellow as I would love to see it in 3D. I have bought the game on Nintendo Virtual Console but I haven't played it yet as I know the old graphics will be a lot to get used to after playing everything in 3D. Wow, look at this comment! Yay for Pokemon!

Dannie x
famousinjapan.co.uk

Post a Comment