Saturday, 6 June 2015

Disney Tsum Tsums ^^

Many of you will already know about the super Kawaii Disney Tsum Tsum range that was first launched in Japan in 2013, but having spoken to some non Kawaii enthusiasts I know, they don't appear to be as well known outside the Kawaii movement as I thought! So, as my blog is about informing all about the world of Kawaii, I thought it was time to do a post!


So, as I said, Tsum Tsums were first launched in Japan in 2013, then sold in America in 2014, and this year hit the UK shores! "Tsum Tsum" comes from the Japanese verb Tsumu, which means "to stack" and thats exactly what you do with these super adorable plushies!

The plushies were launched on the back of a super Kawaii Disney phone game also called Tsum Tsums, so to start, here's some information about the game.


It's available on a platform called Line Games and in order to play the games you need an account on the very popular Line messaging app used across Japan! Once you have your account, you can start playing! Here is a quick video showing you the game:



As you can see, the game is based on joining up three or more of the same character in order to pop them and gain points. The game allows you to build up coins that you can then use to purchase boxes, the happiness box contains character Tsum Tsums such as Minnie and Mickey Mouse and the other more expensive box contains more premium characters such as Ariel or Belle.


Each character has a special ability that you can use while playing. The game is highly addictive and makes you want to collect as many of the characters as you can, just like the plushies! ^^ 

So, thats the game! Now onto the other Tsum Tsum itsms you can get! ^^ 
I got my first Tsum Tsum from Mr as a Christmas present, and it all started with my favourite Disney character, Minnie Mouse.


With saving for our holiday, I have tried to restrain myself from getting too crazy collecting before our trip, but I soon bought Minnie a friend:


One of the best things about Tsum Tsums is that the small ones are only £3 so you can pick up the odd one for your collection as and when you can. I haven't built up a huge collection but have enough to stack! Here are the small ones I have so far:


As well as Minnie and Mickey Mouse, I have Donald and Daisy Duck, Goofy, Stitch, Pluto, Dumbo, Chip and Dale and Thumper and Miss Bunny ^^ Aren't they just SUPER KAWAII!! <3 Mr ordered Minnie from Japan and the rest I bought from my local Disney Store in Birmingham! I'm super lucky to have one so near by! ^^ In fact, if you buy your Tsum Tsums from the Disney Store you get a collectors card where you receive stamps for each Tsum you buy. 


The stamps can get you two Limited Edition Pins, one when you've collected 25 and the other when you've collected 50! The Disney Store also releases a special collection on the first Tuesday of each month that sell out super quick so keep your eyes pealed so you don't miss them!

There are three sizes of Tsum Tsums, the small ones above, a middle sized which is £10 and a large range which is £20. So far we have bought two middle sized ones to Kawaii up our living room, and they just had to be our favourites, Minnie and Donald!


So you can see the size difference, here is our collection all together:


The Kawaiiness doesn't stop there! You can also grab other Kawaii items decorated with the super cute plushies! Here is a bag I picked up from the Disney Store last week:


It's a cross body bag, covered in Tsum Tsums and has a super Kawaii Minnie Mouse purse attached to the front! This was only £15 which is a bargain for such a cute bag! I think this is definitely being packed for our holiday! ^^

On 29th May 2015, Disney collaborated with Uniqlo in Japan and released 8 special tops that would be sold with a limited edition Tsum Tsum wearing a red hat! Here is a super cute video they did showing the new range:



In case you missed it, here is the range they made available, only in Japan ><


Why is all the awesome stuff only in Japan!? Seeing my reaction, Mr secretly got on the case and then....a parcel arrived this morning! And guess what was in it?????

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ^^


Mr managed to get me the Limited Edition Minnie Mouse top with Minnie Mouse Tsum Tsum! And how super Kawaii are they both!!!! ^^ Here is a close up of Minnie and her red beret:


How SUPER KAWAII!!!!!!!! <3

Seeing what is available in Japan has gotten me super hyped about which ones I will be able to collect on my holiday! I can't wait to hit up Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea!!

So Kawaiisters, do you collect Tsum Tsums? Which one's your favourite? and do you play the game? I'd love to hear about your collections!

Catch you all later! ^^

2 comments:

Eimear Anne said...

I didn't know that they were for stacking! But it makes sense. I love the uniqlo tee range too.

{ sparklesideup.com }

Dannie - Famous in Japan said...

Ahhhh! Such a helpful post. I love Tsums Tsums, but I'm waiting for a special someone to buy me one... I might be waiting a while!

Dannie x
www.famousinjapan.co.uk

Post a Comment