Saturday, 25 April 2015

Sushi Go!

I love playing Kawaii games and recently we tried out a super cute card game called Sushi Go!


The game comes in this colourful tin that looks like a bento box!  The idea of the game is to score the most points across three rounds (like three courses of a meal) - you get points for different types of food: Maki Rolls, Nigiri, Dumplings, Tempura.  Here's a shot of the different cards in the game:


How Kawaii are the cards?! ^^

It's really easy to set up and play - you just shuffle the cards together and then deal a hand to each player.  As I was playing with Mr, we had 10 cards each:


It's helpful to have a notepad and pen ready to keep score at the end of each round.  You play by choosing one of the cards from the hand and placing it face down in front of you.  Then you all reveal the cards you've chosen, before passing the hand of cards to the player to the left (with Mr this meant we swapped hands ^^).  You repeat this until all cards from the hands are face up on the table:


Mr went on a Maki Roll collecting spree, but I focussed on Tempura and Sashimi - I scored the most in this round! Yay!! ^o^/

We carried on playing, this was the result of round 2:


I won this round, but what was Mr doing... 3 puddings?! That's because any Pudding cards you have are put to one side and after the third round the player with the most Puddings scores a bonus 6 points!! The player with the lowest number of Puddings loses 6 points!! (we double-checked after our game and the player with the least only loses points if you have 3 or more people playing)

Also, you might see that Mr used a Wasabi card on a Salmon Nigiri - this trebles how many points it is worth! Sneaky tactic there Mr!!

Here's the third round:


I scored a lot this round with my two pairs of Sashimi - although Mr definitely got the most Maki Rolls!

After the third round we counted up desserts:


Here's Mr's Puddings - I didn't save any though... Thankfully I'd scored lots in the earlier rounds so I still won! ^o^ Yay!

The game doesn't take long to play and we played another game straight away - it's so much fun!  The art work is so Kawaii too, which I absolutely love! <3

The makers say the game is good for children aged 8 and over, so it's perfect to play with little Kawaiisters too!

Have you played any Kawaii games recently? Let me know!

Catch you later Kawaiisters!! ^^


2 comments:

Dannie - Famous in Japan said...

The cards are so cute, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to use them!

Dannie x
www.famousinjapan.co.uk

Pinkuiro Pixie said...

You could always use it as an excuse to buy some kawaii card sleeves to protect them!

Pinkuiropixie X

Post a Comment