Sunday, 22 February 2015

Artist Review - Brogan Coral

Last weekend Mr and I attended the MCM Midlands Comic Con in Telford and met a super Kawaii illustrator called Brogan Coral ^^ I didn't mention this in my post last weekend as I have been so impressed with her work that I felt she deserved a dedicated post just to show off what she can do!

Brogan Coral is an illustrator who describes her work as "very feminine, decorative, and based on Art Nouveau ideology, though do vary my style depending on what I’m setting out to do." All MCM events have a Comic Village where you can find new inspiring illustrators, selling their work. This is where we spotted Brogan Coral! Her stall was super cute and just leapt out at a Kawaii lover like me! ^^ She had some of her work out on show which just drew me in and after having a closer peek, I knew I had to grab some of her work! It's beautiful and super Kawaii! And I'm super happy I did since I came home and found some of the ones I bought are discontinued and only available till they run out!

First I came across her large A3 prints/posters, she had several on display and a folder available to look through. Here is what we picked out!

First, I just had to get her Pastel Goth Demon, this was what drew my eye to begin with:


I just loved the colours and with it being in my favourite colours I knew I couldn't leave without it! Then we spotted her folder that had more in and started to look through it, here's the other super Kawaii A3 posters/prints we picked out:


This is her Blue Knight print. I love imagery of strong women and just had to get this! It was also available in pink, but I opted for the blue for a bit of a change. Being a GoT Fan it reminded me of Brienne of Tarth! I think shes awesome! So this came home with us too!

Next we picked out this awesome Princess Peach print!


How super Kawaii is this!!!! If you're a regular reader you will know that Mr and I are big gamers and love Nintendo so this was an awesome find! Can't wait to put this one up!

The last A3 print we bought was this super Kawaii Sweet Lolita Faun:


How stunning is this! I think this is a beautiful print and will take pride of place in our bedroom! I love the colours and the imagery! This is so super Kawaii! The picture is of super high quailty and the colours are so vibrant! So thats the A3 prints that we bought. They were so reasonably priced as well at £5 a print or 2 for £8! To be honest, I definitely would have paid more!!

Next we looked at her mini prints! These, again, were a crazy price at just £1 a print and are as high quality as the large prints! Here's what we got:


The print on the left is Isabelle from Animal Crossing running through her town with the town hall in the background! As a big lover of Animal Crossing I just had to get this! The print on the right is the awesomely Kawaii Sailor Moon! Again, I just love Sailor Moon and loved this version of her!

Next we got these two gems!


Yes, gamer fans! This is Capcom X Pokémon! <3 The print on the left is the Queen of the Arcade: Chun Li with Medicham and Meditite <3 I love this print! The print on the right is the awesomely gothic Morrigan with Woobat and Swoobat. These two are awesome and will take pride of place in our Geek Room! (where all our gaming is! ^^)

Now that's not all! I also picked up this super cute mini Cat Comic!


This mini comic is all about two cats Brogan Coral has adopted recently and details what she has learned about having cats!


It's super cute and a she even signed it for me:


Thank you Brogan Coral!! When she hits the big time I can look back at this mini comic and say "I met her at Comic Con ^^!"

We also picked up these badges, as I like to use badges to Kawaii and Decora up bags etc:


You might recognise the one on the right as being the Sweet Lolita Faun! The one on the left is of course a game boy!! Super Kawaii Gaming for the win!! We even got this Sparkly Bookmark for free:


So that's our haul from Brogan Coral! I'm so glad we found her stall! I highly recommend to any Comic Con goers to make sure you check out the Comic Villages as you can find super Kawaii people like this! All of her prints are of a super high quality, with really popping colours! I highly recommend you check her store out! You can also check out her Tumblr for information on new designs and future cons!

Catch you later Kawaiisters!! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment