Sunday, 16 November 2014

Instax Mini 8 - a Super Kawaii camera!

If you are anything like me then you like to take lots and lots of super kawaii photos and decorate them before sharing them with the kawaii universe. Well on our first trip to Japan in 2010 we came across a new camera that is still really growing in popularity: The Instax Mini 8! It's not like the normal point and click cameras that we have come to mostly use, it's a Polaroid! If you are anywhere near my age, you'll remember Polaroids as being rather large, chunky and unattractive, but Fuji Film have given it a complete make over and produced a must have accessory for anyone wanting to snap memorable kawaii pics! I had been pondering on and off since seeing the camera back in 2010 as to whether I should buy it, and when I spotted it at Hyper Japan in July, I knew I just had to grab one!


As you can see, I went for the baby blue option as I thought it would look super Kawaii with lots of pink danglies! ^^ The camera was originally released in five colours, pink, blue, yellow, white and black, but has since been released in grape (a deep purple) and in raspberry (a deep pink) as well! The camera is super easy to use, and when you have chosen your subject, focused in and clicked, a credit card sized Polaroid photo comes out the top of the camera! 


It takes a few minutes for the picture to fully develop but when it's finished you are left with a super kawaii pic! Here is one I took to show you, it's of Roulade! 


The colours come through quite strong and as you can see there's plenty of room to decorate your pic! 


It's that easy! Although the films for the camera can be quite costly, I personally think they are worth it, especially if you use your film wisely for special moments/pics! I can take tonnes of photos that never get printed off, and this is a great way to have a momento of something special that you can either keep or give away as a gift! 

Now you're probably asking yourself, what was the white item next to my blue camera in the first pic? and now I'll explain, Instax have also produced a separate Polaroid printer! And with there being such a good offer on when I bought it I just had to grab it too! The printer is as small and compact as the camera and the best thing about it!? You can print straight from your phone!!! Yes, Instax have created an app that you can download to your phone so that you can print pics that you have taken on the go! 

The app is called Instax Share and is as easy as using the camera! When you open the app you are given several options: 


You can take a photo using the app and then print it. You can use a real time template which means it records where you are, the date and weather etc on the pic: 


You can also choose a photo from your phones camera roll and print it as well as being able to choose a pic from social networking sites and print it: 


The app even gives you the chance to decorate the pic before printing it off! 


Not bad for a free app! So, that's the Fuji Film Instax Mini 8! Keep it Kawaii! ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment