Thursday, 3 April 2014

Kawaii Snaps

There are many ways in which you can incorporate Kawaii into your home and I'm going to try and cover as many as I can in various posts over the next few weeks. I'm very lucky to have a husband that not only not minds my Kawaiiness, but encourages it. It's taken a long time to get our home to where we want it to be, and it became a lot easier when we accepted that not every home needs to look like everyone else's 'dream' home. So since we embraced making our home Kawaii we have had lots of fun seeking out bits and pieces and ideas to bring more and more through the door.

Photo frames are a great way to add some Kawaii onto your walls and shelves. I have been stockpiling a few the last few months and having finally picked which photos we want in them we can now start finding cute areas to display them.

This first set I have is from a range called Nyanpire. It's an awesome Kawaii cat range with several characters, including one modelled on Date Masamune. 
It's a set of three frames which can be used individually or, as displayed in the photo on the right, they fit together like a jigsaw ^^. They even come with little stands which you can fix at the back so they can stand up.

The next frame is a fairly substantial one which displays the awesome and super Kawaii Sanrio Character, Kuromi! I have to say I do have a soft spot for Kuromi and may even like her more than Hello Kitty :o
Kuromi is displayed on the bottom right and her gang, line up next to her. Together they make Kuromi's 5. This I think is my favourite frame!

This frame is a lovely rubber frame that I received as part of my monthly surprise package from Kawaii Club. The frame displays the Sanrio characters Hello Kitty, Cinnamonroll, Twin Stars, My Melody and Pom Pom Purin. I think this frame will be saved for a pic from Puroland.





This frame is one I picked up quite a while ago but I found while rummaging through some storage boxes. It's of Hello Kitty steering a boats wheel on on a San Francisco frame. It's amazing where you can find Hello Kitty appearing on items. She gets everywhere, which is good for us Kawaii fans!
This frame is one I have been using for a few years in my kitchen. Its a Kawaii cupcake design to it which I loved. Being a big fan of cupcake and cupcake merchandise the more cupcakes the better!

For any photos which you want to print off but don't have frames for mini albums like the one below are great for keeping them safe and Kawaii at the same time. This is a Minnie Mouse album I managed to get my hands on at Tokyo Disney. It has a gorgeous design on it on Minnie in traditional clothing and it's decorated on the outside and inside. I find these are a good way of showing anyone who wants to see your holiday pics without getting them wrecked. 

 
On a final note, one thing we have learnt is it's completely up to you what you put on your walls and in your Kawaii frames. Remember this when snapping away on your holiday or even when you are out and about on a normal day. If you spot something Kawaii why not snap a pic and put it on your wall?! It's a great way of changing the look and feel of a room and even make you smile when you look up and see them. And you can change them as often as you like! 

We snapped these pics while on holiday and got them blown up on A2 paper. They are a very bold look on our walls but guests love them and they always put a smile on our faces. I hope you enjoyed tonight's post, happy snapping. 

Nighty Night Kawaiisters ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment