Sunday, 30 March 2014

Kuma Crafts Special

A few years ago, while I was scouring the internet for a new source of Kawaii jewellery, I came across an awesome store called Kuma Crafts. When I originally found them they didn't have a website, they were just a small seller on Etsy. Etsy is a great place to find those hidden gems; those sellers that are really pushing the design envelope and creating beautiful works of Kawaii. When I originally came across Kuma they were creating jewellery as a part time thing as well as working full time, so pieces were always limited and sold out FAST!! Luckily for me I have a ninja for a husband and he managed to get his hands on quite a collection for me since then.

Some of the first designs that caught my eye on Kuma were cupcake related. I love cupcakes, and I'm known to make a decent one, so when I saw these necklaces I just had to get them. They are pretty big designs so make quite a statement when worn.





This first design is of a kitty peeking over the top of a luscious cupcake that's topped with a cherry. It's a pretty big pendant so you can make it the focus of your outfit. I have worn it to work several times and I always get comments. Sometimes people mistake the cat for Hello Kitty because I'm known for my love of Hello Kitty, other times it's because of the large cupcake. MMMMM cupcakes ^^








The next necklace is of a large kitty grasping onto a cupcake. This is a larger pendant than the one above and therefore an even bigger statement when worn. I love how the cat's ears have hearts in them and that there's a heart gem on the cat's bum, very Kawaii.










The next necklace I have is a very blingy necklace (well by my standards anyway). This is a beautiful piece and I only wear it at very special events. The necklace is made of chunky pink beads. The ones around the neck are rounded and then the beads that lead to the pendant become squarer. Considering how large the beads are its quite light and very comfortable to wear.


The pendant is quite large and displays a Kawaii girl wearing a kimono, with a cherry blossom in her hair. The centre picture is set with pink crystals around it with small pink flowers that are raised on the pendant.


The pic above is of two small pendant kitty necklaces. One has nerd type glasses on (which match my own glasses ^^) and the other is nomming on a cookie. These are adorable pieces and can be worn as an everyday necklace.

The necklace on the left is around the same size as the necklaces above. This is an adorable kitty based on a maneki neko. A maneki neko cat represents good luck and the coin displayed on this necklace shows the Japanese 千万両 which means ten million ryō, or a lot of money! The necklace to the right is of a frosted kitty with a happy expression on her face. Again, this is adorable and very subtle in its appearance. This was actually sent to me for free as we purchased several items at one time ^^.



The next two necklaces are again ones that can be worn on an every day basis are are super Kawaii.

The necklace on the left is one of my favourites as I'm a big Panda fan. As you can see the pendant is of a Kawaii Panda holding a giant pink heart. This is super adorable and I probably wear this necklace the most! The necklace on the right is a uber cute pink penguin. I generally tend to catch people out when I wear this necklace as my jewellery usually consists of Pandas and Cats, but when I saw this I couldn't resist this happy little cutie.




When prepping for today's blog I came across the two little items below which were also sent to me as freebies in a larger order. The item on the left is a necklace, the pendant is of a cute kitty holding onto a giant strawberry. This is slightly different to the previous necklaces as this is a printed pendant but still very Kawaii. The item on the right is a small white kitty charm which can be used on your keys or phone, or anywhere else you like to add a touch of Kawaii to.


The next items I have to show you are some t-shirts. The top two shirts are of the same print which is a maneki neko holding a lucky coin (like the one described on the maneki neko pendant above), one is a grey shirt, the other is a baby pink shirt. The third shirt is a red shirt with a ninja cat and ninja stars design on. The stars are in a metallic silver which shimmers in the light.


The last items I have to show you are items based on the very iconic cartoon Sailor Moon........



This first necklace is the Eternal Sailor Moon Necklace. It's a beautiful pendant and very light. The wings give the necklace an angelic feel. This can be worn either at a special event or as part of your day to day outfit, it's very easy to dress it up or down.


The final necklace is one of my favourites. It's a Chibi Moon Compact necklace which is all about that huge pink SWAROVSKI crystal heart rhinestone ^^. This is a beautiful necklace that can and should be worn whenever you want to! No matter the event, whether it be food shopping, work or a party, put this on and you'll feel super KAWAII!! Again, this draws a lot of looks and comments, but who cares as long as you feel Kawaii!


I hope you enjoyed today's post. Having seen Kuma Crafts grow into the awesome business it is today I truly recommend them. I can even say that having popped onto their site while writing this I'm already compiling my next shopping list ^^.

Nighty Night Kawaiisters ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment